Heather is a Senior Manager working across Bendelta’s service areas of leadership and organisational development, strategy, executive coaching and culture change. She describes herself as a possibilitarian with a life purpose of enabling practical wisdom. As a strategic thinker with over 23 years of experience across a range of public, private and not-for-profit industries, Heather is known for quickly understanding context and getting things done. Through applying her deep experience and expertise in learning, leadership development and organisational development, Heather helps individuals and organisations to realise their full potential and together achieve results.
Heather’s professional experience includes roles within retail, consulting, banking, higher education and private equity start-up firms. She also ran her own OD consulting practice for over 16 years and has worked across Africa and Australia.
A selection of recent relevant experience includes:
- Individual executive coaching for senior leaders from various industries, including the arts, health, not-for-profit, insurance and local government sectors, using a range of psychometric tools (i.e. HBDI, Saville Wave; Predictive Index, LSI, MBTI, 360-degree leadership assessment)
- Career development program for a large insurance provider; Facilitation of bespoke leadership development program, including group coaching, for a city council; Facilitation of a bespoke frontline leadership development program, including group coaching, for a not-for-profit organisation
- Organisational development consulting and delivery in the areas of culture transformation, narratives (story telling) and wellbeing
- Executive experience at a SMME (entrepreneur) investment and development company: Contributing to business strategy and Leadership at EXCO level; Managing Support function, including HR, Finance, IT and Legal/ Risk management teams; Driving Culture transformation and engagement; Design, implementation and management of an SME Academy; Talent Strategy and budget
- Professional Associate/ Adjunct faculty, Gordon Institute of Business Science: facilitation, coaching, career development programmes, curriculum design, assessment, management and leadership development, strategy execution coaching, programme mentor for MBA students
With her deep sense of purpose, Heather believes in making a difference in the world through daily acts of kindness. She was an active member of Rotary International for 17 years with a focus on children and the Aged. Her primary fundraising activities included youth development, theatre productions and community festivals.
Heather holds a Bachelor of Arts Honours degree in Psychology and a Master of Business Administration (cum laude). She has certifications in Coaching (International Society for Neuro-Semantics); Depth Facilitation; Human Resource Management; NLP; and is a Science of Happiness at Work Licensed Practitioner.
Heather is a curious connector who loves deep dialogue